Last Minute LasagnaPosted: December 20, 2010
I got this idea from Amanda’s blog, and used her homemade tomato sauce for the recipe. Took like 10 minutes to put this together. The original recipe is in a book Amanda got called Real Simple – Meals Made Easy. It ends up looking a little Christmasy, sort of green and red. I made a few adjustments, so the recipe below is my final version:
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 3 12-ounce packages frozen ravioli, unthawed (There were about 18 small ravioli in each package – 56 total – I used Whole Foods Spinach Florentine, which has no cheese, and minimal fat calories)
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in a third of the sauce.
- Arrange half the ravioli on top of the sauce and scatter the spinach over them. Top with half of each cheese. Cover with another layer of ravioli and the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until bubbly.