Peanut Butter BlondiesPosted: February 20, 2012
Peanut Butter Blondies
Yield: 24 blondies
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Bake Time: 30 minutes
1- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to come beyond the top rim (fold over the edge).
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until well incorporated. Whisk in the peanut butter until combined. Switch to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Add the peanut butter chips and mix until evenly distributed.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool completely on a wire rack. Using the paper overhang, lift the blondies from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or can be frozen.
Adapted from a recipe on browneyedbaker