Thanksgiving CocktailsPosted: November 16, 2012
Are you looking for something different to serve this Thanksgiving? Tired of Pinot Noir, Beaujolais Nouveau, or whatever you usually serve with your turkey? Thanks to my pal Barry, who sent me this link from Food & Wine (a magazine I love, by the way) to Hard Cider Sangria, which looks and sounds wonderful!
- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced unpeeled green, yellow and red apples
- 1 navel orange—quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup apple juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple brandy
- One 22-ounce bottle hard apple cider, chilled
In a pitcher, combine the apples with the orange, apple juice, lemon juice and brandy. Just before serving, add the hard cider. Serve in tall glasses over ice.
If the Sangria doesn’t make you Thankful, here is a stronger one that will put you on the couch for a nap:
In a punch bowl, muddle the lemon zest with the whiskey. Add the gin and let stand for 2 hours. Stir in the maraschino liqueur, lemon juice and Rich Simple Syrup and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the club soda and add ice.